Modula WMS Premium is the most complete package for warehouse management. It provides all the functionalities of the BASE package, plus many others.
• Automatic item-compartment allocation and dynamic location management
• Batch management
• Full management with custom tracking of automatic import/export in ASCII, ODBC, Excel and XML file formats
• Material status management
• Pack type management
• Expiry date management
• Advanced user management via configuration of authorized procedures for each individual user
• Materials management by FIFO (First In First Out) or by sub-code priority (e.g. picking can give priority to the lowest and therefore oldest batch code)
• Justification management for immediate requests
Modula WMS software is installed by specialized computer technicians using a wizard that provides a rapid, guided installation procedure.
Once the program has been installed on the server and on any clients, and the warehouse has been configured, the system is ready for immediate use.
Our WMS comes ready for connection to any ERP through a series of interfaces. For integration with the company ERP, Modula provides templates for the creation of standard interfaces for example with protocols such as ASCII, ODBC or XML.
After installation and initial configuration of the warehouse, the staff who will be using the software will receive suitable basic training. On request, additional in-depth training sessions can be organized.
Statistical analysis and custom reports
• Full management of warehouse statistics
• Customization of printed reports via print management tools
• Customization of printed label layout using dedicated tools
Supplementary packages for WMS Premium
This module provides functionality which improves picking and refilling.
• Packing list management
• Assembly kit management
• Shipping location management
• Automatic creation of storage compartments during refilling phases
• Serial number management (management of multiple serial numbers for the same item associated with an individual compartment)
The advanced picking module is ideal for the management of locations, picking carts and Put-to-Light.
Advanced item management
This module extends item management functionality:
• Management of pre-defined orders that can be replicated as required
• Image to item association
• Grouping of items into families to define common characteristics
• Grouping of items into categories to facilitate searching and browsing
• Extended fields for item management, orders and order lines via additional attributes
• Handling of alternative item codes
• Picking of loan material
This module allows the management of manual areas by software with the following functionalities:
• Management of manual warehouses using an intuitive graphical tool
• Management of picking activities in manual areas
• Management of material splitting between different areas on the basis of the quantities handled
• Management of material reintegration between areas on the basis of user-definable minimum stock levels for different area
- Entry area management
This module extends manual warehouse management capabilities through the use of Windows CE radio frequency terminals for all warehouse operations.
Modula does not supply terminals but recommends Motorola, Intermec or Denso.
IDOC: SAP protocol
This is a protocol that allows data exchange between SAP WMS and Modula WMS (ASCII format) via IDOC assuming that SAP contains the WM module.
Modula WMS must be seen by SAP as a black box to which requests and the results of requests are sent via IDOC.