Date: October 18, 2016
Job Description: Project Management / Implementation
Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Implementation Manager
Conveyors & Drives, Inc., an Atlanta based material handling systems distributor and integrator, seeks a Project Manager to support the C&D implementation process to bring designed material handling systems to functioning material handling systems. Reporting to the Implementation Manager, the Project Manager is the central point of contact for our customer and handles all tasks associated with successful execution of projects generated through our Application Engineering Group.
- Serve as the central point of contact for our Applications based projects.
- Provide superior service to all internal and external customers.
- Meet or exceed individual and team goals.
- Attend turn-over meetings from Sales and Applications team.
- Make initial site visit to verify dimensions and ensure there are no interferences.
- Make any necessary changes to the conceptual design to ensure the design will work properly and can be implemented within budget.
- Manage project drawings including approval, installation and as-builts.
- Procure all required material and labor with emphasis on schedule and margin maintenance.
- Request Recommended Spare Parts List from all vendors and present to customer.
- Check all acknowledgements and follow-up with contractors.
- Create communication plan that includes all the main internal and external contacts.
- Review and approve customer purchase order.
- Create Project Schedule and track percentage complete.
- Create Project Invoicing Schedule.
- Create Time Line and Commissioning Plan (start-up, implementation, testing, standby and sign-off) and review with customer and contractors to get buy in.
- Create Issues List to track and attack throughout the project.
- Maintain necessary C&D on job-site presence including initial project meeting with customer and contractors to discuss the project in detail, review schedule and to set expectations (phone, WebEx, Glance, office or onsite).
- Fill out Equipment Check-Out and Punch List and ensure it gets implemented.
- Obtain the proper signature on the Customer Approval Sign-Off document.
- Manage warranty claims including vendor Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) throughout process if necessary.
- Create Change Orders, delivery them to customer and ensure they get executed.
- Help minimize and manage project material shortages or overages.
- Maintain proficiency in using all office hardware and software technology.
- Perform general clerical duties as necessary to meet organizational objectives.
- Schedule and host postmortem meeting with project team to discuss the total outcome of the project and address any necessary areas of improvements for future projects.
- Ensure all documents and work has been implemented in order to close project.
Education & Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Structural Engineering is a plus.
- Project management experience. Primary experience within material handling industry.
- Application knowledge of automated material handling equipment such as pallet and case handling conveyors, sorters, AGV’s, monorails.
- Excellent leadership, organizational skills and the capability to manage more than one project of varying size and complexity
- Good negotiation skills, related to both procurement of equipment and contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels (internal and external)
- Good motivational skills, both in self and team members
- Ability to listen and learn from others
- Computer literate in MS Office products, in particular: Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel domestically as needed.
- The ability to manipulate and create AutoCAD drawings.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Monthly and annual bonus potential.
- Continual development and vertical mobility.
- Opportunity to provide superior service and help bring material handling projects to life.
Performance will be measured by:
- Manager and peer evaluation
- Attainment of individual and team goals
- Customer Feedback
- Project profit variance
Please click link to submit prerequisite test: https://hiring.wonderlic.com/openings/577e79213313cf01003ca88d/apply
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org