Date: October 18, 2016
Job Description: Material Handling Applications Specialist
Title: Applications Engineer
Reports to: Applications Manager
The Applications Engineer will be responsible for developing System Sales opportunities and proposing optimal solutions in support of C&D organizational sales channels. The Applications Engineer will achieve this goal through concepting and estimating all equipment and implementation services of the project to meet internal as well as external customer expectations through the proposal and presentation phase. The sales solutions require an in-depth knowledge of material handling solutions from the basics to the highly complex integrated systems.
- Attend initial project kick-off meeting with sales and the customer to collect and analyze required field data (product specifications, sequence of operation, facility measurements, interferences, project restrictions, etc.) in order to start the concepting and estimating process.
- Develop initial design drawing concepts using AutoCAD and appropriate supplier drawing software as well as secure multiple competitive estimates of equipment and implementation services for sellable customer solutions.
- Provide alternative design solutions to customer’s proposed solutions and ensure all proposed solutions adhere to customer equipment specifications and C&D’s requirements.
- Generate timely accurate budgetary and firm proposals at C&D’s target profit margins to all of C&D sales channels and customers to include the following:
- Complete equipment specifications.
- System overview.
- Material specification / cut sheets.
- PDF drawing of the system layout complete with 3D views that will clarify systems functionality and C&D competitive advantage.
- Effectively communicate application solution concept and estimates to Project Manager for implementation.
- Performs administrative duties as necessary to meet organizational objectives.
- Supports administrative and sales staff in assigned projects.
- Maintain quotation log by product type and monetary value.
- Communicate and maintain positive relationships with internal team as well as C&D’s customers to assist in the overall company goals and customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, etc.).
- 4-6 years of experience in material handling application development and sales.
- Well organized, detail oriented, prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Manages competing demands; uses time efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Listens well and gets clarification.
- A team player who can work well in a multitasking environment.
- Desires self improvement.
Results will be measured by:
- Response time from request to completed solution proposal.
- Quote to order ratio.
- Number of quotations generated.
- Gross Profit of orders generated from quotes.
- Opportunity for growth in growing company.
- Opportunity to interact with the customer, sales. implementation and customer service processes.
- Medical, Dental Insurance.
- Profit Sharing / 401-K
- Salary + Commission + Bonus
Please click link to submit prerequisite test: https://hiring.wonderlic.com/openings/577e79213313cf01003ca88d/apply
Please send resumes to email@example.com.